Automobile Injuries - Frequently Asked Questions
personal injury lawyers

What should I do if I am involved in a traffic accident?

First and foremost, seek medical attention if warranted. Once your well-being and that of your fellow accident victims have been evaluated and stabilized, you should collect important information from those involved in the accident. Such information includes, but is not limited to, driver's license numbers and vehicle registration information along with the names and addresses of vehicle passengers and bystanders who may have witnessed the accident. Also, make sure to record the names of any emergency personnel such as police officers or paramedics who respond to the scene. In addition, pay close attention to the behavior of those involved. Does anyone seem intoxicated? Do the victims appear injured? What type of damage have the vehicles sustained? Are there any unusual facts or circumstances surrounding the accident? For instance, what is the weather like? Fog? Rain? Snow? Was traffic heavy or light? In general, while it may be difficult to stay focused in such a stressful situation, writing down your observations of the accident scene may help you prevail in any lawsuit that results from the accident.

Should I contact an attorney if I have been seriously injured in an automobile accident?

Perhaps. It may be important for you to contact an attorney who can help you protect your legal rights. Only a licensed attorney can evaluate whether you have a case that is worth pursuing. Keep in mind however that there may be time limits (Statute of Limitations) which impact on your ability to sue.

How many traffic related accidents occur each year?

Statistics on car accidents indicate that annually there are over 6 million motor vehicle accidents involving cars, trucks, SUVs and motorcycles in the United States alone. In addition, the Federal government estimates that there were at least 10 million unreported accidents. How many people are injured in these accidents? In 2000 over 3.2 million people were injured on our Nation's roadways.

How much does an attorney evaluation cost in these types of cases?

Nothing! We will evaluate your case free of charge. If we agree to handle your case, you will owe no fees or other costs unless we recover money for you. Remember, time is often critical. Contact us today to protect your rights.


Related Topics:

Automobile Injuries

Automobile Injury information provided by


| Home | Our Lawyers | Our Staff | Areas of Practice |
| Recent Successes | Hot Topics | FAQ | Links | Site Map | Contact Us |

personal injury lawyers
personal injury lawyers
Eckman, Strandness & Egan P.A.

319 Barry Ave. South Suite 100, Wayzata, MN 55391-0597
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 597, Wayzata, MN  55391-0597
(952) 594-3600 | (800) 328-1096    Fax (952) 594-3601
Copyright   2004 Eckman Strandness & Egan
Last modified: Friday, October 24, 2014